Stella Dog: Our Urban Homestead Mascot

Stella Dog: Our Urban Homestead Mascot

May 2, 2010

Moving into the new abode

Today was a big day in the life of our ten week old chicks--they moved into their own house! After 6 weeks in the house, and 3 weeks in the garage they moved to their sprawling new coop and run.  We have been letting them frolic in the yard for a couple hours a day and they have been migrating toward their coop pretty frequently- checking it out and inspecting M's handiwork?

We "put them to bed" a little while ago and I felt bad shutting them into their house for the night.  I'm not sure why since it's essentially the same as shutting them in the garage in their brooder box... but they are all tucked in and hopefully figuring out the new roost as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment